Harris County Democratic Party
The goal of the Harris County Democratic Party is to rebuild the Democratic base so that all Texans share in the dream of a better life, regardless of race, gender, religion, age, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation.
- In quality education, which gives all children an opportunity to reach their full potential, and rewards fairly teachers and educations.
- In quality health care for all Texans, especially our children.
- In equality for all citizens.
- In a fair and realistic, but enforced, immigration policy.
- In clean air and water, and protecting our environment.
- In a living wage for honest, hard work.
- In the importance of collective bargaining and organization and labor unions.
- In freedom from governmental interference in our private lives and personal decisions.
- In preserving fundamental constitutional rights, including the right to privacy, the right to worship as we see fit, and the separation of Church and State.
- In alleviating the blight of poverty.
- In fairness in our tax system.
- In security for our homes, neighborhoods, ports, and nation.
- In honoring our veterans and treating them fairly on their return, with quality medical care and other veterans benefits.
- In keeping jobs in this country, rather than sending them abroad.
- In honest, uncorrupt government, where every vote counts and every vote is counted.